Endorsed Filed July 1st, 1967
ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
THE MAYFLOWER CLUB
A California Non-Profit Corporation
The name of this corporation is: THE MAYFLOWER CLUB.
The purposes for which this corporation is formed, the specific and primary purpose for which it is formed being set forth in paragraph (1) below, are:
(1) To encourage and aid, through social and group activities, for pleasure and recreation, the assimilation into American society, while preserving their foreign origins, of persons in the United States of foreign origin.
(2) The general purposes and powers are:
(a) To make contracts;
(b) To buy, lease, exchange, convey, mortgage or otherwise receive or dispose of real or personal property.
(3) Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purposes and powers, this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the primary purposes of this corporation.
(4) To carry on any activity whatsoever, either as principal, agent or partner, which this corporation may deem proper or convenient in connection with any of the foregoing purposes or otherwise, or which may be calculated directly or indirectly to promote the interest of this corporation; and to conduct its activities in this State, in other states, in the District of Columbia, in the territories and possessions of the United States, and in foreign countries.
(5) To have and to exercise all the powers conferred by the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of California upon nonprofit corporations, as such law is now in effect or may at any time hereafter be amended.
The foregoing statement of purposes shall be construed as a statement of both purposes and powers, and the purposes and powers stated in each clause shall, except where otherwise expressed, be in no wise limited or restricted by any reference to or inference from the terms or provisions of any other clause, but shall be regarded as independent purposes and powers Notwithstanding any of the above statements of purposes and powers, this corporation shall not engage in activities which in themselves are not in furtherance of the purposes set forth in paragraph (1) of this Article II, and nothing contained in the foregoing statement of purposes shall be construed to authorize this corporation to carry on any activity for the profit of its members, or to distribute any gains, profits or dividends to any of its members as such, except upon dissolution or winding up.
This corporation is organized pursuant to the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of the State of California.
The county in the State of California where the principal office for the transaction of business of this corporation is to locate is Los Angeles County.
The number of directors of this corporation shall be five (5), and the names and address of the persons who are appointed to act as the first directors of this corporation are as follows:
RICHARD HOLLINGUM – 22600 Covello Street, Canoga Park, California
WALTER INGHAM – 5839 Bertrand Street, Encino, California
EILEEN SELBY – 13429 Tiara Street, Van Nuys, California
FRANK JACKSON – 2420 Los Feliz Drive, Thousand Oaks, California
FREDRICK GARTON – 18560 Burbank Boulevard. Tarzana, California
The senior Directors of the Mayflower Club Inc., namely Eileen Selby and Frank Jackson, along with their spouses Thomas A. Selby and Patricia Jackson, all original founders of the club, to be permanent trustees. They must be advised of all meetings held by the club, Directors, committee etc., and be allowed to express their opinions with reference to their position as trustees.
Replacement may be appointed by the fore-mentioned Founder members.
This corporation is formed for the purpose of incorporating an existing unincorporated association, namely, THE MAYFLOWER CLUB.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, for the purpose of forming this corporation under the General Nonprofit Corporation Law of the State of California, we, the undersigned, being the presiding officer and secretary, respectively, of the said unincorporated association, have executed these Articles of Incorporation this 21st day of February, 1967,
- STATE OF CALIFORNIA )
- ) SS.
- COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES )
- On this 24th day of June 1967, before me, a NotarypPublic in and for said State, personally appeared Eileen Selby and Richard Hollingum known to me to be the persons whose names are subscribed to the foregoing Articles of Incorporation, and acknowledged to me that they executed the same.WITNESS my hand and official sealNotary Public in and for
the State of California
STANDING RULES OF THE MAYFLOWER CLUB INC
Added May 1967. ( 1 )
The Committee on behalf of The Mayflower Club members have applied have been accepted as members of THE BRITISH FEDERATION OF SOCIAL & ATHLETIC CLUBS.
The above was approved by the members at the Annual General Meeting September 22nd 1967 to read; – All members of the Mayflower Club Inc. shall be allowed to become full members of THE BRITISH FEDERATION OF SOCIAL & ATHLETIC CLUBS and enjoy all rights and privileges as a full member of the said association.
Added February 5th 1968, ( 2 )
The membership list is to be considered confidential and kept in custody of the secretary, treasurer, membership, travel chairman Approval by the executive committee is required to disclose the list or any part thereof to any person. Should it be necessary in the course of club business for any other club officer to be given all or a portion of the membership list, the same constraint against disembosom of the material shall apply to this individual.
Amendment to above;- to add THE BRITISH FEDERATION OF SOCIAL & ATHLETIC CLUBS, as permitted to have a copy.